Criteria for Grant Applications for the Patricia Galloway and Kris Nielsen Foundation.
1. Grants applications will only be considered if the following base criteria are met:
- Must be applied research, not basic research, ultimately intended to produce a product or service.
- Must be applicable to energy and sustainability, and must identify how the product or service will impact the social management of energy or sustainability once employed.
- Must address the vision and mission of the Foundation.
- The grant funds may not be used for operational purposes.
- Must be willing to submit annually to the Foundation a progress report on what was accomplished with the use of the grant money, what is being done, expected completion and if complete, what was the final outcome and its application and implementation?
- Must be willing to continue to serve as a member of the Foundation’s “Think Tank”, which may involve future grantee evaluation and/or other activities such as lectures, which would be funded either by the Foundation and/or participating universities and/or other Foundations/Organizations which may benefit from understanding your research and its application.
2. Grant applications must contain the following:
- Letter submission, details of which are addressed below.
- Resume of the individual (s) researchers.
- Business Plan, or if not yet fully developed, a plan of how the intent of the research will be carried out and what it will produce, including financial and social impact expectations.
3. Letter submission must address the following:
- A brief background and summary of the applied research and its status to date.
- What are the basic components of the project?
- Briefly describe the intent of your research.
- What are your personal credentials and the basis of those credentials that make you qualified to undertake this research and move forward with putting your applied research into practice?
- What have been some of your past successes and failures you have experienced?
- What are the objectives of the research you are undertaking?
- How will the grant money be used to further the applied research?
- What makes your proposed product or service innovative and unique?
- Explain how your research creates value.
- How will your product or service benefit people and improve the quality of life?
- How will the ultimate enterprise producing the product/service capture and sustain that financial and/or social value?
- How does your research advance the vision and mission of the Foundation?
- For what specifically will the grant monies be used?
- How will the Foundation’s grant money be augmented?
- What other sources of grant money/seed money is being sought and/or has already been obtained?
- What will be the next steps if you receive a grant be?
- What is the schedule for completion of the research? What is the schedule for applying the research funded by this grant to the identified product or service?
- What is the proposed budget for completion of the research? What is the estimated budget for applying the research funded by this grant to the identified product or service?
4. Submission Process
- All applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be submitted by August 1st of each calendar year.
- Grants will be awarded in November-December each year.